The Complete Idiot's Guide to Barefoot Running teaches you how to run more naturally and efficiently while enhancing your overall technique. Backed by cutting-edge training methods and the latest scientific research, you'll discover how to:
- Transition to Barefoot Running - Develop super feet while honing your ability to react and respond to the ground
- Perfect Your Natural Running Form - Apply the facets of natural technique to become an efficient athlete
- Increase Energy and Endurance - Run longer with more endurance by using your "natural springs"
- Prevent Injury - Deal with aches and pains before they turn serious
- Use Minimalist Shoes - How to choose and use "barefoot running shoes"
- Run Barefoot All Year - Handle whatever weather comes your way
- Navigate Trails Barefoot - Build agility while heightening your connection to the elements
- Enhance Your Training - Put that spark back into your routine
- Race Barefoot - Set reachable goals that will take you to the next level
- Fuel the Barefoot Way - Plan for fueling no matter how long or challenging an event
"This is a useful, important and delightful book for anyone interested in running barefoot or in minimal shoes. Richards and Hollowell cover absolutely everything you need to know about form, training, how to prevent injury, and how to get the most out of your running. This is one of those books that you will use over and over." --Dan Lieberman, Professor of Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
2011, paperback, 352 pages.
About the authors:
Dr. Craig Richards is internationally recognized as a leading expert of the barefoot running revolution. His work has been widely reported by the media via major newspapers such as the New York Times, The Washington Post and London's Daily Mail, in magazines such as Running Times and Popular Mechanics, as well as in the recent best-selling book, Born to Run.
Thomas Hollowell is a full-time author, USAT triathlete, international marathoner, and a prominent barefoot runner. His work on health, fitness, and lifestyle has appeared in notable publications worldwide. He uses his barefoot running expertise to coach runners in a triathlon club abroad.
Back to the store page