The MV2 is engineered to be the lightest and most efficient Natural Running shoe ever produced. The race-specific second generation Action/Reaction Technology provides greater protection for running on hard surfaces. With a level to the ground profile (zero pitch) and a unique biomechanical sensor plate, the foot can sense the ground quicker, allowing for a fast-paced cadence. This shoe inspires speed.
Adjusting to a zero-pitch shoe
Adjusting to a completely level shoe requires time. At a mere 5.8 ounces, its lifespan is between 150 and 250 miles, depending on form and efficiency.
It is not unusual for runners who are transitioning to a zero-drop shoe like the MV2 to experience tightness in the calf muscles and achilles tendons, as well as the feet. This can occur because the muscles and tendons are further elongated when running in a zero-drop shoe, compared to a conventional shoe with a higher heel.
Adapting to a zero-drop shoe and a natural running style take time and the process is unique for each athlete. It is always best to make the transition gradually. With this in mind, Newton has enclosed a removable 3 millimeter heel lift with each pair of MV2's in the event that you wish to transition with incremental steps. This is particularly recommended if you are transitioning from a shoe with a high heel-toe drop.
- Ultra light, highly breathable, fast-drying mesh
- Seamless anatomical support strapping
- Variable fit
- Light weight, slip proof laces
- Heel-securing double eyelets
- Race specific Action/Reaction Technology in forefoot
- Biomechanical metatarsal sensor plate
- High rebound EVA
- Met-flex enhanced forefoot flexibility
- ETC anti-friction, antibacterial sock liner
- Water drainage system
- Optional 3mm heel lift included
- High traction 5 lug forefoot pattern
- Minimal surface contact area
- High density rubber in heel and toe
- 100% recycled laces, webbing, insole topcover
- 100% recycled box, packaging
Back to the store page